Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Non-Glamorous Side of Things

I'd like to say that the overwhelming bustling and hustling of the last few weeks has been enjoyable. Sadly, however, not all things in life are. I volunteered to help out a school for a week or two, which turned into a few days shy of a month. During that time, I got pulled in an undertow of politics and chaos where it took all my strength not to have conniption (which I may have had anyway). I also, during this time, started a new job that I like. I just wish the hours were more favorable.

The reason I'm sharing the not so glamorous life of yours-truely, is because I often feel that once I became religious everything would magically work out. Sadly, politics in the Jewish world are insufferable and sometimes the people are no better. However, in a strange way, all these mishaps have strengthened my connection to what it means to be human and, more importantly for me, what it means to be Jewish.

I had mentioned in a previous post that the worst representation of Judaism is the Jew. I'd like to stress that this is because Torah and Gd (and whatever else makes up Judaism) are perfect. Jews are human, therefore fallible and imperfect- including myself. I am still constantly battling my identity, trying to figure out which me is me, and trying to stop contradicting my actions with my beliefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment