Monday, September 3, 2012

College?

After a short, short summer spending time with friends and working as a private teacher (and home organizer) I'm starting school tomorrow. I got accepted to a shana bet (second year) program at Ateres Naava, where I'll continue my Jewish studies, while attending Bellevue University online, getting my Bachelors of Science in behavioral sciences.

After long arguments with my 'rents, I am surprised I ended up in college this year (in America, nonetheless). But, after settling into my Brooklyn apartment today, I am happy with my decision. I live in a frum neighborhood, enjoying the proximity to Manhattan and home. Plus, my apartment is close to the subway so I have unlimited access to where ever my heart desires. Not bad, eh? However, I do miss being in the heart of the universe- Jerusalem.

I know this year will probably bring great things, and despite being nervous, I'm excited to get started. And looking back at the journey that started in EIE Aviv '09, I can't believe where I am and who I have become. But one thing hasn't changed one bit: Homework... blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment